That Stunt Server Forums

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

That Stunt Server Forums

That Stunt Server Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
That Stunt Server Forums

Welcome to the That Stunt Server community!

NEW FORUM! ThatStuntServer.Site88.Net
Add Us To Your Favourites! 91.121.248.74:7779 *We are hosted*

3 posters

RIP Megaupload

[TSS]TonyMetal
    [TSS]TonyMetal
    Admin

RIP Megaupload Empty RIP Megaupload

Post by [TSS]TonyMetal Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:50 pm

██████ ████████ ██████ ██████████ ██ ████ ██ ████ ██████████ ██ ███ ███

████████

This status has been found in violation of H.R. 4521, S.O.P.A and has been removed.
    [TSS]AngryUnibrow
    [TSS]AngryUnibrow
    Admin

RIP Megaupload Empty Re: RIP Megaupload

Post by [TSS]AngryUnibrow Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:17 pm

[TSS]TonyMetal wrote:██████ ████████ ██████ ██████████ ██ ████ ██ ████ ██████████ ██ ███ ███

████████

This status has been found in violation of H.R. 4521, S.O.P.A and has been removed.

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/61543

Looks like the FBI is trying to send a message about SOPA.

Last edited by [TSS]AngryUnibrow on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Razor
    Razor
    Admin

Post by Razor Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:21 pm

The page isn't loading at all for me.
    [TSS]AngryUnibrow
    [TSS]AngryUnibrow
    Admin

Post by [TSS]AngryUnibrow Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:33 pm

Its funny, the fat cats at MU have millions of dollars in their estates but everyone is up in arms and taking down random sites. And they were well aware of what they were doing. http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2012/01/why-the-feds-smashed-megaupload.ars The FBI had a good reason to take down megaupload, I dont support it but I do think it was fair.

The events that transpired today though, shifted the whole side of congress's support for SOPA. Congress knows the internet can and will fight back. SOPA is dying and if we get lucky, it will get voted down come Feburary.
    [TSS]TonyMetal
    [TSS]TonyMetal
    Admin

Post by [TSS]TonyMetal Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:50 am

[TSS]AngryUnibrow wrote:Its funny, the fat cats at MU have millions of dollars in their estates but everyone is up in arms and taking down random sites. And they were well aware of what they were doing. http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2012/01/why-the-feds-smashed-megaupload.ars The FBI had a good reason to take down megaupload, I dont support it but I do think it was fair.

The events that transpired today though, shifted the whole side of congress's support for SOPA. Congress knows the internet can and will fight back. SOPA is dying and if we get lucky, it will get voted down come Feburary.
    Well, its not megaupload fault, remember the company removed some stuff with copyrights.
    [TSS]AngryUnibrow
    [TSS]AngryUnibrow
    Admin

Post by [TSS]AngryUnibrow Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:30 pm

It is too MU's fault, the staff knew dam well that there was infringing material on their site and they actually paid people to upload more pirated content. They were making millions and buying million dollar estates with loads of cash. It says so in the article
    prosecutors charged that the site earned more than $175 million since its founding in 2005, most of it based on copyright infringement.
    The group also had a 2010 Maserati, a 2008 Rolls-Royce, and a 1989 Lamborghini. They had not one but three Samsung 83" TVs, and two Sharp 108" TVs. Someone owned a "Predator statue." Motor bikes, jet skis, artwork, and even 60 Dell servers could all be forfeit to the government if it can prove its case against the members of the "Mega Conspiracy."

I think the people at MU are retarded. They hosted the stuff on their servers and intentionally hosted illegal content. This is why I download strictly from TPB, those sweds know what they are doing. Viva TPB!

Anon's retaliation did help the SOPA movement though. http://mashable.com/2012/01/20/sopa-is-dead-smith-pulls-bill/ So, mission accomplished.

Edit: Balls, im wrong.
    “In light of recent events, I have decided to postpone Tuesday’s vote on the PROTECT IP Act,” said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) in a statement Friday morning.
    Its not totally dead, but it is postponed. But as said above, I dont think alot of people in congress want to vote on this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:37 am